[slf4j-user] Lilith 8.0.0 has been released!

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Nov 15 20:54:35 UTC 2015

Am 15.11.2015 um 20:55 schrieb Jörn Huxhorn:
> Keep in mind that Java SE 7 End of Public Updates has already been reached.

That's not too relevant actually.
Oracle offers paid support for Java 7 until at least 2019, for those who
spend the extra buck until 2022.
Also, openjdk will live (i.e. get security fixes) until the last LTS
distribution phases their openjdk7 packages out.

That said, I don't question any decisions for Lilith itself.
I just don't want to see that "meh it's End of Public Updates" line
widely adopted - not on its own anyway.

Regards,
Jo