[slf4j-user] Using markers for future use

Giriraj Bhojak giriraj2k at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:55:26 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am currently trying to use slf4j on top of a legacy logging system.
I do not have immediate use of the Marker interface, but I would like to
use it for future purposes.

I looked at org.slf4j.helpers.BasicMarkerFactory and
org.slf4j.helpers.BasicMarker.

Since the marker binding is static in nature, I would like to know if there
is a way to inject my own marker factory implementation that can return
different instances of a Marker based on the need. Or should I just create
my own factory implementation and use it in the hosting classes?

Thanks,
Giriraj