[slf4j-user] slf4j-logs has no replacement for org.apache.log4j.jmx.HierarchyDynamicMBean

Stevo Slavić sslavic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:26:09 UTC 2016

Hello slf4j community,

In Kafka 0.9.0.1 binary distribution I tried to replace log4j with
slf4j-log4j bridge and logback. I thought slf4j-log4j bridge is drop in
replacement for everything in log4j - seems I was wrong. Starting Kafka
works fine. Starting ZooKeeper using Kafka's shell scripts doesn't work -
ZooKeeper startup throws:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/jmx/HierarchyDynamicMBean

It seems slf4j-log4j bridge doesn't have
org.apache.log4j.jmx.HierarchyDynamicMBean replacement. Or am I doing
something wrong?

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.