[slf4j-user] Using a library which uses slf4j in an appender

Asaf Mesika asaf.mesika at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:35:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

At Logz.io we wrote a Logback appender
<https://github.com/logzio/logzio-logback-appender> which uses BigQueue
<http://bulldog2011.github.io/bigqueue/> to have persistence over logging
events in case the application crashes.

The problem is that BigQueue it self uses slf4j for logging.

Upon the initialization phase of the appender we initialize the BigQueue,
which write debug/info messages to the log. This is what we get to stderr
due to this:

SLF4J: A number (2) of logging calls during the initialization phase have
been intercepted and are
SLF4J: now being replayed. These are subject to the filtering rules of the
underlying logging system.
SLF4J: See also http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#replay

How would you go about eliminating these messages printed to stderr, since
as I see, the behavior is normal and does not require any errors printed to
stderr.

Thanks,

Asaf Mesika
Logz.io