[slf4j-user] Newbie: Change logging level programmatically?

Andrew P. Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Sun Oct 16 23:31:52 UTC 2016

I'm clearly missing something obvious, but I absolutely cannot figure
out how to change the logging level in either my build.gradle file or my
actual Java code.  I want DEBUG level, but I can't seem to find the
right thing to twiddle.  What am I missing?

My build.gradle files has these dependencies:

dependencies {

     compile 'org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.21'

     compile 'org.slf4j:slf4j-simple:1.7.21'

I don't want to use command line options for various reasons.  (The
primary reason being that Buildship (Eclipse gradle integration) doesn't
seem to cooperate very well with them).

Thanks,
-a