[slf4j-user] FAQ suggestion: "How do I configure log levels for SLF4J?"

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Oct 17 10:40:03 UTC 2016

Motivation: I used to confuse SLF4J and Logback myself, so that makes at
least two persons who had that problem.
I believe that it could be a pretty common problem because SLF4J and
Logback come from the same source and have a very similar documentation
style. Plus you deal with the SLF4J API on a daily basis and kinda
forget that it's really the logging backend that does the real work and
needs to be configured.

Suggestion: Add the following section to the FAQ:

Q: How do I configure what logging levels are shown?
A: Not on SLF4J. SLF4J provides the API that your code uses for logging,
but the real action happens in the backend: Logback, Log4j, etc., and
it's there that you configure the logging levels.