[slf4j-user] SLF4J Helper for NetBeans IDE now available

Daniel Trebbien dtrebbien at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 19:50:22 CEST 2017

Hello Joachim,

Yes, I too would like to see an Eclipse version.  I have been looking into
this, and I think that it would be possible in some form.  It looks like I
would need to completely rewrite the code because Eclipse and NetBeans use
different APIs.  For one thing, Eclipse uses its own AST API whereas
NetBeans uses the standard Java Compiler Tree API.  The two APIs appear
very similar.  I am still looking for Eclipse's equivalent of TypeMirror
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/javax/lang/model/type/TypeMirror.html>
et al.

"Commercial" is intended.  I would love to make the plugin open source;
but, for personal reasons, this seems unwise for me to do at the present
time.  I have thought about selling licenses to use the plugin or maybe
consulting for companies who would like similar plugins made for their
internal use.  If the former, I would definitely give free licenses to
those who provided feedback from trying out these early versions of the
plugin.

Daniel