[slf4j-user] java 9 logging

Peter Verhas peter at verhas.com
Thu Jun 15 15:03:23 CEST 2017

1.8.0 SNAPSHOT branch does not contain any Java 9 logging specific code.

There are two directions that slf4j should be integrated into JDK9 new
logging functionality:

1. directing logging through the logger configured by the Java 9
application. To do that slf4j should call System.getLogger static call.
2. Support logging that uses the JDK9 logging facade. To do that slf4j has
to implement a service System.LogFinder.

I checked out the repository from GitHub but I can find no trace of either
in the source code.

Peter