[slf4j-user] What is the correct jcl-over-slf4j license?

Michiel Haisma michiel.haisma at oracle.com
Mon May 14 22:45:14 CEST 2018

Hi SLF4J-users,

I've been looking at jcl-over-slf4j, and I'm wondering what the correct
license for this specific package is. There seems to be conflicting
information.

The main SLF4J repository mentions MIT, both in the pom.xml and in the
LICENSE.txt file. However, in the jcl-over-slf4j folder there is another
LICENSE.txt file. I assume this one takes "precedence" over the one in
the root folder? Or are they licensed with both? Or either? Regardless,
since the pom.xml file uses the parent pom file, according to maven
logic, the package is licensed with MIT.

I hope that we can clear this up, perhaps by adding correct license
information to the jcl-over-slf4j pom.xml, updating information on the
SLF4J website, or otherwise making clear what the correct license for
using this pacakge is.

Many thanks.

Michiel Haisma

Views are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.