[slf4j-user] Last parameter being exception is not mentioned in javadoc

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Nov 13 19:43:22 CET 2018

Am 13.11.18 um 18:15 schrieb David Karr:
> I'm currently using slf4j-api v1.7.25.
>
> The javadoc for "Logger.error(String format, Object arg1, Object arg2)"
> and "Logger.error(String format, Object... arguments)" does not mention
> anything about what happens if any of the parameters are Throwable objects.

I am 100% sure that the decisionmaking looks at the type of the last
element of arguments. If it's a Throwable log it at "the exception", if
not, substitute it into format.
Google isn't reachable for me right now so I can't easily validate, but
I recall that I saw it in some docs. You might have luck looking it up
in the Javadoc.

Regards,
Jo