[slf4j-user] slf4j EOL Versions?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Dec 16 21:46:47 CET 2020

Am 16.12.20 um 19:46 schrieb Symphoni Bush - NOAA Affiliate:
> I am trying to find out if there are any end-of-life versions for slf4j,
> and if so, when do these versions typically become EOL/unsupported? If
> this information is publicly stored anywhere please let me know. Thanks.

Technically, libraries published on Maven never reach EOL, since they
will stay available indefinitely.
You will want to upgrade if
- there's an incompatibility
- there's a CVE
- the new version has a feature that you want

I don't expect the current-stable 1.9 to become affected by a CVE
anytime soon, so using it should be fine for the foreseeable future.

Regards,
Jo