[qos.ch-announce] Release of SLF4J version 2.0.3

QOS.ch annoucements announce at yvo.qos.ch
Wed Sep 28 21:01:27 CEST 2022

Hello all,

I  am very pleased  to announce the release of SLF4J version 2.0.3. This
release corrects a bug in Reload4jLoggerAdapter when used in conjunction
with the fluent API, the timestamp would not be not correctly set.

Please refer to the the news page for more details on this release:

    http://www.slf4j.org/news.html

The  2.0.x  series  introduces a  backward-compatible  fluent  logging
API. By backward-compatible, we  mean that existing logging frameworks
do not have  to be changed in  order for the user to  benefit from the
fluent logging  API.  However,  existing frameworks *must*  migrate to
the  ServiceLoader  mechanism.   The resulting  internal  changes  are
detailed in the FAQ page.

  http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#changesInVersion200

The  2.0.x  series  builds  upon   the  the  1.8.x  series  which  was
modularized per Java Platform Module System (JPMS/Jigsaw).

The 2.0.x series requires Java 8.

Binary compatibility:

Mixing mixing  different versions of slf4j-api.jar  and SLF4J provider
can    cause   problems.     For   example,    if   you    are   using
slf4j-api-2.0.0.jar, then you  should also use slf4j-simple-2.0.0.jar,
using slf4j-simple-1.5.5.jar will not work.

With the  exception of the fluent  API (new in SLF4J  2.0.x), from the
client's perspective all versions  of slf4j-api are compatible. Client
code  compiled  with  slf4j-api-N.jar  will run  perfectly  fine  with
slf4j-api-M.jar for  any N and  M.  You only  need to ensure  that the
version of your provider matches that of the slf4j-api.jar. You do not
have to  worry about the  version of  slf4j-api.jar used to  compile a
given dependency in your project. You  can always use *any* version of
slf4j-api.jar, and  as long  as the version  of slf4j-api.jar  and its
provider match, you should be fine.

Donations and sponsorship

You can also support SLF4J/logback/reload4j projects via donations and
sponsorship. We  thank our current  supporters and sponsors  for their
continued contributions.

Sponsorship link: https://github.com/sponsors/qos-ch

Announcement mailing list:

You  can  receive   SLF4J/logback/reload4j  related  announcements  by
subscribing QOS.ch announce list, please visit the following URL.