[cal10n-dev] Eclipse plugin volunteer

Angelo Tata blacktate at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 23 01:07:52 CEST 2010

  Hi, everybody.

I've started to work on an Eclipse plug-in for Cal10n (as you had
probably guessed by reading the subject, I know).
Here's a breakdown of the currently implemented features:

- enum types parsing (if the @BaseName annotation is present);

- Properties file parsing (only those explicitly mentioned through a
@Locale annotation in some enum type);

- potential problems highlighting (both in the editor and the Markers view);

- the potential problems mirror those in Cal10nError.ErrorType, with the
exception of MISSING_BN_ANNOTATION - since if @BaseName is missing no
parsing is performed on the enum type;

- quick fix suggestions on all problems (using Ctrl-1 in the editor) -
but only one currently working, see below;

- Levenshtein distance measurement and suggestions offered for property
keys not found in the corresponding enum type.

Lots of things to be done, still. I'd say that implementing the other
quick fixes is a priority. Moreover, right now the parsing is triggered
by a full build only, while of course it should kick in on an
incremental build (I should probably have an IResourceChangeListener,
too, for property files).

As it happens, the time I'm able to dedicate to the project varies
wildly, though the next few weeks may allow me some spare hours of
coding time.
*If* there's still actual interest, obviously - I have no idea of the
current Cal10n's user base, or of the plans for Cal10n's future.

Any feedback is much appreciated, of course.

Regards,

Angelo