[logback-dev] improving Logback Console Plugin with Table instead of List

Sébastien Pennec sebastien at qos.ch
Mon Dec 3 19:03:34 CET 2007

Hello Karl,

I've looked through the history of the LogbackView class, and I
couldn't find the Table I wrote first, where each lines where split
into cells, each one displaying one of the attribute of the
LoggingEvent object. I think I must have written it on some mini-
project, more of a POC than a real first implementation.

In the SVN[1] I could find the previous version of the LogbackView,
which was made with a MessageConsoleView extension.

However, you could take a look at the current version, which uses a
virtual Table. If you see any optimizable parts, (and there certainly
are a few!), do not hesitate to tweak the plugin and send me a patch,
I'll test it gladly.

Cheers,

Sébastien

[1] http://svn.qos.ch/viewvc/logbackPDE/trunk/plugins/ConsolePlugin