[logback-dev] improving Logback Console Plugin with Table instead of List

Wim Deblauwe wim.deblauwe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:08:21 CET 2007

Hi Karl,

glad you like it. I created Vigilog because Chainsaw did not do what I
wanted and I also found it not user-friendly enough. Until now I have
focused on opening log files because that is what I work with.

The GUI is fairly decoupled from the parsing so it should be ok on that
part. Ofcourse, the GUI is now written in Swing, which would be kind of a
problem I guess for Eclipse.

I have not added support for logback currently, mainly because there is no
XML format (yet). Opening a plain text file with Vigilog should work if you
use the formatting characters as log4j uses them (e.g. use %t instead of
%thread) and you are not being to fancy with your layout (take a look at the
unit test [1] for layouts that surely will work).

Vigilog uses Maven 2 to build, so you should be able to find your way around
the sources easy if you want to.

regards,

Wim

[1]