[logback-dev] Least-effort logging with bytecode modification

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Wed Nov 19 17:39:25 CET 2008

Ralph Goers skrev:

> Why? Logback already gives automatically gives you access to the class
> and method name.

I have not looked much into the features of logback yet, so I am just
burdened of the mindset of log4j where call stack probing was expensive
and not recommended.

It was my understanding that j.u.l. does this "fast enough" to be turned
on per default, therefore the question.

>> Hmmmm....  I'm not sure of that.  Lets see how it works out.
>>

> One of my development teams have actually implemented this with some of
> the AOP stuff then have done. I'll be looking at that soon for addition
> to SLF4J.

Looking forward to see it.

Am I correct in assuming that you built the log-stuff aspects internally
without building on an aspect log framework?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"