[logback-dev] Least-effort logging with bytecode modification

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Wed Nov 19 17:45:05 CET 2008

Maarten Bosteels skrev:

>     I cannot count the times I've pasted a stack trace in the Java Stack
>     Trace pane on the Console to be able to navigate.
>

> I am not sure we're talking about the same thing, but have you heard
> of JumpToCode ?
> It's a plugin for IntelliJ IDEA that listens for "jump to this code"
> commands from external programs.
> Creating a similar plugin for eclipse is on my TODO list.
>
> The idea is that log-viewers such as Vigilog and Chainsaw show
> hyperlinks for every LocationInfo.
> When hyperlink is clicked a "jump to code" command is sent to your
> IDE, which will navigate to the corresponding code.
>
> This is already implemented in Vigilog.  I still have to ask the
> chainsaw maintainers to see if they are also interested.
This is a very interesting thing, as I have asked the Eclipse folks the
same thing a long time ago.  Is there a way to communicate things back
to Eclipse when running in a debugger and the answer was "no".

It would be really nice to have.  My only concern is if a fellow
coworker decides to tease me, and start sending bogus requests.  Is
there a password mechanism or so?

Otherwise an integration with the Eclipse plugin would be a good idea
perhaps.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"