[logback-dev] I don't understand ClassPackagingDataCalculator :p

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:59:38 CEST 2008

Hi Ceki.

I was just checking out ClassPackagingDataCalculator because I wanted to
see what the warning

[WARNING]
[,,]\logback-classic\src\main\java\ch\qos\logback\classic\spi\ClassPackagingDataCalculator.java:[17,18]
sun.reflect.Reflection is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
future release

was about and I have to admit that I don't get it.

What are you doing with the caller class? What would be the problem of
just Class.forName for the STE class names?

This isn't meant as critique, I would just like to understand what the
code does, and why ;)

Regards, Joern.