[logback-dev] Using Thread to monitored TimeBasedRollingPolicy...!

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Apr 3 14:58:20 CEST 2009

The config file looks OK. Separating into different files per log
level is probably not a good practice, but that is unrelated to the
problem at hand.

You also don't want to write
   logger.trace("Trace {} " + randomValue);
but
   logger.trace("Trace {}", randomValue);
instead. However, this is also unrelated to the problem at hand.

I suspect that for one reason or another, logback is unable to
compress the log file, possibly because another process is holding a
lock on the file. When this happens, logback will complain by adding a
status message in an internal buffer. To see logback's internal
errors, you should stop printing messages on the console. Instead, add
a status listener which will print status messages generated by
logback. The code is:

LoggerContext loggerContext = (LoggerContext)
               LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();
// additional line of code
loggerContext.getStatusManager().add(new OnConsoleStatusListener());

Also, in your messages consider "hello" as a salutation instead of "Dear sir".

boss134 wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
>           below part is my complete configuration... includes xml
> configuration and java code part
>           i logging every level in separate log file.....
>
> <configuration>
[snip]