[logback-dev] Git as a version control system?

Robert Elliot rob at lidalia.org.uk
Thu Aug 6 21:21:28 CEST 2009

I really value tool support; the Maven & Subversion combination has
really only just reached maturity on Eclipse with Subversive and
M2Eclipse integrating properly and allowing you to check a Maven
project out from Subversion and have M2Eclipse sort out your classpath
and project structure for you with no further input.  This (for me at
least) dramatically reduces the barrier to entry and makes me vastly
more inclined to pull down a project and have a look under the hood,
and maybe get involved.  An admittedly cursory check of the net
suggests that git does not integrate so well with M2Eclipse (there's
no mention of it on the M2Eclipse site or wiki).