[logback-dev] build failure.

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Sun Dec 6 08:53:34 CET 2009

I am trying to merge the changes in your fork to mine but the build is failing in logback-classic. I have changed slf4j's version to 1.5.11-SNAPSHOT in my fork. As a consequence the osgi build step is failing due to

  <macrodef name="prepareOSGiHarness">
    <attribute name="binding"/>
    <sequential>
      <delete>
        <fileset dir="${bundlesDir}" includes="*.jar"/>
      </delete>
      <copy file="${iBundleJar}" todir="${bundlesDir}"/>
      <copy file="../logback-examples/lib/slf4j-api-${slf4j.version}.jar" todir="${bundlesDir}"/>
      <copy file="../logback-core/target/logback-core-${currentVersion}.jar" todir="${bundlesDir}"/>
      <copy file="target/logback-classic-${currentVersion}.jar" todir="${bundlesDir}"/>
      <echo>value of t = @{t}</echo>
    </sequential>
  </macrodef>

It is trying to copy slf4j-api from logback-examples/lib, but maven hasn't yet run the build for logback-examples so the jar hasn't been copied from the local repository. However, the jar was copied to logback-classic/lib. Changing osgi-build.xml to refer to that causes the build to succeed. However, I should point out that it is poor practice to modify any part of a project outside of the target directory during a build. It would be better if the files were copied to target/test-lib or a something similar.

Ralph