[logback-dev] synchronization style?

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Sat Jul 4 14:49:11 CEST 2009

Ceki Gulcu skrev:
> Also note that Sun excepted my bug report on this issue. See
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6855216

I see that it is registered as a wontfix bug and linked to

which says that "The JVM does not entirely isolate java threads from the
scheduling properites of the underlying operating system." and that you
should use the concurrent utils instead.

I have not followed this closely, but is that an option?
> Your request for fair locking in appenders is not
> unreasonable. However, it will cause a measurable slow down in a large
> number of cases. It also feels like fixing the JVM. So, I need more
> evidence before going down the path of fair locking.
If the conclusion is that "it depends" how to do this right, perhaps it
should be configurable?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"