[logback-dev] [JIRA] Issue Comment Edited: (LBCLASSIC-36) Synchronization of SimpleDateFormat object in DateConverter

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Sun Jun 14 22:54:12 CEST 2009

Ceki Gulcu skrev:
> would use, say the %millis converter. This would gains us 2microseconds x
> 1000 per second, or 2 milliseconds per second, if the application was
> doing logging and nothing else.
>
> It's too much of a hassle and not worth the effort if you ask me.

Every computation done in logging sets an upper limit on the amount of
messages the system is capable per second.

What is the upper limit on messages (with {}-replacements and all, you
probably have the necessary stuff in place) per second when using the
NOP-logger?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"