[logback-dev] Replacing CallerData class

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Wed Mar 18 14:52:43 CET 2009

The only concern I would have is that it would break an existing
user's code to remove it. I realize the version is still
0.9.something, but at this point Logback is being used in production,
probably in lots of places.

What I would suggest is to change all the Logback code to use
StackTraceElement but deprecate CallerData and the getCallerData
method and then have CallerData extend StackTraceElement as a wrapper.
Make sure you add getStackTrace to the LoggingEvent. getCallerData
could then create the CallerData array from the StackTrace array.

Ralph