[logback-dev] Replacing CallerData class

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Mar 18 21:38:55 CET 2009

I don't see packaging data being part of caller data. If it were, we
would need configuration code to support this case, which would
unnecessarily bloat the code. Just as importantly, the user would have
to know how to enable/disable this feature. It's just not worth the
trouble.

If you really needed the packaging data, you would write

   logger.debug("I am interested in package data", new Throwable("");