[logback-dev] java.util.logging?

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Mar 20 15:17:27 CET 2009

Yah, in 2002 or so, log4j was already well-established. I had a
conversation with Gram Hamilton the specification lead. He
incorporated several of my suggestions into jul. Other than that, I
don't think the idea of abandoning the java.util.logging effort was
ever entertained.

2002 was a long a time ago. At that time you could walk in the woods
and pass by grazing brachiosauruses and other creatures from the
Cretaceous period.