[logback-dev] appender-ref attribute on <logger>

Chad La Joie lajoie at itumi.biz
Tue Aug 3 10:21:16 CEST 2010

Currently the appender reference for a logger needs to be added as a
child element to the logger.  I understand this is to allow multiple
appenders to be attached to a single logger.  However, my experience is
that I rarely ever do that.

I'd like to suggest adding an 'appender-ref' attribute to the logger to
deal with this case. If you wanted to still be able to express multiple
attached appenders with this mechanism you could use a space separated
list.  In the event that the appdender-ref attribute and element are
both used you can simply attach the appenders listed in both.

Thanks.

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz