[logback-dev] Concerning Throwable.getSuppressed()...

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:09:43 CET 2011

The following code needs another look for full support of getSuppressed():
ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender.insertThrowable
ch.qos.logback.classic.html.DefaultThrowableRenderer.render
ch.qos.logback.classic.net.SyslogAppender.postProcess

ch.qos.logback.classic.pattern.RootCauseFirstThrowableProxyConverter.subjoinRootCauseFirst
ch.qos.logback.classic.pattern.ThrowableProxyConverter.throwableProxyToString

I previously added support to ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.ThrowableProxyUtil.asString but, unfortunately, this method isn't used in any of the above code.

I'm not sure if printing of suppressed exceptions should be optional in the two ProxyConverter implementations and if so, how to implement that behavior .

Concerning DefaultThrowableRenderer and SyslogAppender, I'd guess that they should just call asString instead of reimplementing it.

Cheers,
Joern.