[logback-dev] Running the logback project as a commitocracy

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Sun Feb 20 19:16:34 CET 2011

On 20/02/2011 5:00 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

 > Gradle is a build tool, not a language. Joern was asking about it
 > replacing Maven.  I attended a presentation on Gradle at SpringOne and
 > concluded it wouldn't meet the needs of my organization - it is
 > somewhere between Ant and Maven.  It isn't clear to me why one would
 > want to switch from Maven to Gradle when the build is already working.

AFAIK, Gradle is an in-language DSL. SBT is also an in-language DSL
but in Scala. When you choose betweenr Gradle or SBT, you are also
making a choice between Groovy and Scala to some extent.

So, yes, it may seem that my answer to Joern was off topic but the
language question bears some relevance to the topic at hand.