[logback-dev] Running the logback project as a commitocracy

Robert Elliot rob at lidalia.org.uk
Mon Feb 21 17:48:15 CET 2011

> Gradle's better/more flexible design is rather appealing. One of the
> fetaures I like about the current maven-based build is that IDEA can
> import it without any problems. Can Gradle projects be imported into
> IDEA as easily?

We started off with Gradle on my current project, but we've moved back to Maven because of the lack of IDE support.  The ease of sorting out the classpath in Eclipse and IDEA using Maven plugins makes up a lot for the pain associated with the rest of Maven.

If the tool support catches up I would be inclined to use Gradle again; the lack of verbosity is a huge win in itself, and the cross between Maven's convention approach and Ant's flexibility without writing code in XML is great.

(I've yet to look at SBT.)