[logback-dev] Logback initialization time analysis

Phil Clay pilf_b at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 20:33:31 CET 2011

The java source for LoggerInitTestis in the original email below.

The bash script that I used to test it is VERY basic.  Throw away type stuff... but I've attached it to this email.

Execute it like this:

./sample java -classpath logback-classic-<version>.jar:logback-core-<version>.jar:slf4j-api-1.6.0.jar:. LoggerInitTest

It will print out the timings like this (yes, I know it's ugly, but it's quick and dirty):

Min Max Average:
0.136 0.179 0.14399