[logback-dev] Slightly simplified status printing policy

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Fri Sep 30 15:52:40 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I'd like to slightly modify logback's status printing
policy. Currently, setting the debug attribute causes status messages
to be printed as the last action of the configuration process.
However, status messages added after configuration are not printed. One
needs to add a OnConsoleStatusListener to have status messages
occurring after configuration to be printed on the console.

I think it makes sense to modify current debug mode behavior so that
it is identical to adding an OnConsoleStatusListener. In case the user
sets the debug mode and also adds an OnConsoleStatusListener, debug
mode will check to see if an OnConsoleStatusListener was already added
and refrain from adding a second (thus avoiding printing status
messages twice).

It seems that this one of those transparent changes with upsides and
no downsides. Anyway, please let me know if you are OK with it.

Cheers,
--
http://twitter.com/ceki