[logback-dev] About LBCORE-224...

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Fri Sep 30 17:59:56 CEST 2011

On 30/09/2011 4:29 PM, Holger Hoffstaette wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:44:29 +0200, Joern Huxhorn wrote:
>
>> This issue is still creeping me out.
>
> No reason for that.
>
>> Nevertheless, we should probably create an app that produces the
>> IllegalMonitorStateException and deliver it to the Java developers. If
>> this is a Java bug - and I have no other explanation - then it's a really
>> critical one...
>
> Did you read the last comment I added to the issue after it was closed?

Yes, but I did not understand the point you were trying to make.

You wrote:

"If you google for the exception practically all occurrences show _buggy
application code_ as the cause, "

indeed, but then you write:

"which explains why this happens only with Zookeeper (no kidding)."

huh?

You then write:

"The simplest explanation can be found here:
http://jira.porticoproject.org/browse/PORT-168"

In PORT-168 Tim Pokorny talks about "unlocking the readlock when [he]
should have locking", that is not the situation we are in. Perhaps you
are saying that there is a problem in AppenderAttachableImpl?

--
http://twitter.com/ceki