[logback-dev] [JIRA] (LOGBACK-718) Support Eclipse buddy policy for loading logback.xml

Libor Jelinek ljelinek at virtage.com
Tue Jul 10 23:31:03 CEST 2012

Hello guys,
I asked at equinox-dev and it seems there's no Bundle-BuddyPolicy header in
OSGi standard
(my question listed in [1] and).

Moreover there's nothing wrong with Eclipse-BuddyPolicy (except it's
Eclipse-specific). It should be deprecated - at least as far as I know.

Whether it's good idea to include this Equinox specific header is different
question. My personal state is to include it because
* other OSGi frameworks will ignore this header
* for Equinox OSGi it doesn't mean any significant load
* users wishing to go "buddy classloading policy" way will not have to edit
manually unpack JAR, modify MANIFEST.MF headers and pack it as JAR again.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/equinox-dev/msg07228.html

--
Have a nice day!
Libor Jelinek