[logback-dev] Logback appender for MongoDB

Tomasz Nurkiewicz nurkiewicz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:39:13 CEST 2012

I wrote one myself some time ago [1], [2] and there is an issue open
[3]. I'm sure I saw few other implementations as well.

Looks like the best place for MongoDB appender is logback-extensions
project. We should merge ideas from all available implementations into
one, stable, feature rich implementation.

[1]: https://github.com/nurkiewicz/logback/tree/mongodb-appender
[2]:
http://nurkiewicz.blogspot.no/2011/04/mongodb-and-recording-appenders-for.html
[3]: http://jira.qos.ch/browse/LOGBACK-522
[4]: https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions

On 13.06.2012 16:33, Christian Trutz wrote:
> Hello logback developers/experts,
>
> I recently started writing a Logback appender that writes/appends logs
> to MongoDB:
>
> https://github.com/belaso/logback-mongodb
>

> Would greatly appreciate your feedback on:
>
> 1) is a MongoDB appender a good idea?
>
> 2) if yes, which is the best way to promote this project to Logback
> community?
>

> Regards
> Christian Trutz

pozdrowienia