[logback-dev] Logback Maven repo for deploying releases?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Sun Mar 11 22:13:51 CET 2012

On 11.03.2012 19:38, Les Hazlewood wrote:
> Hi Ceki,
>
> Would you be open to using a Nexus repository manager built for this
> kind of stuff (granting/removing access, promoting artifacts to Maven
> Central when you specify), etc?

Hi Les,

The current approach where artifacts are pushed during 'mvn deploy' to
a private repo and then having Maven Central automatically pickup
changes is an *automated*, simple and very convenient process. I would
not want to change in favor of a process with no identified upside
(assuming shell accounts are needed for integrating with the
web-site anyhow).

> Sonatype, the company behind Nexus and Maven Central offer repository
> hosting for open source projects:
>
> https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide
>
> This way, you don't have to open up SSH/shell accounts, use SCP or
> expose your systems to people you may not know.

SSH accounts would be needed for the web-site in any case.

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki