[logback-dev] Logback Maven repo for deploying releases?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Mon Mar 12 21:44:41 CET 2012

On 12.03.2012 18:08, ceki wrote:

As stated by Joel Orlina in OSSRH-3121 [1], configuration has been
prepared for hosting a repository for logback on oss.sonatype.

He writes:

Configuration has been prepared, now you can:

repo_1) Deploy snapshot artifacts into repository
    https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots

repo_2) Deploy release artifacts into the staging repository
https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2

Promote staged artifacts into repository 'Releases'

repo_3) Download snapshot and release artifacts from group
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public

repo_4) Download snapshot, release and staged artifacts from staging
group https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/staging

I can see use for repo_1 for deploying snapshots and repo_2 for
releasing artifacts (to be subsequently synced with Maven Central).
However, what use is there for repo_3 and repo_4?

I guess one could ignore repo_3 and repo_4 if one has no use for it.
What am I missing?

I'll keep this list posted on the progress made on the logback repo.

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-3121
http://twitter.com/#!/ceki