[logback-dev] Releasing logback-extensions

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue May 29 14:17:21 CEST 2012

Hi Les,

Do you have any plans on releasing logback-extensions? If you prefer,
I can do the release management this time. However, on the longer
term, I think we should ask the sonatype folks to grant you access to
the ch.qos.logback.ext space on maven central.

I've also noticed that you have chosen the Apache license for the
extensions. If there is code copying involved, we would need to
preserve or at least respect the terms of any existing license. The
spring and loggy-related extensions where originally Apache licensed
so preserving the license is fine. As for logback itself, the EPL
restricts the notion of derived work to modifications of existing
files (or copies thereof). "Linking" is not considered derived
work. So, I guess the Apache license for logback-extensions is OK.

Anyway, is logback-extensions ready for a release?

http://twitter.com/#!/ceki