[logback-dev] Jenkins fully integrated with github

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue Apr 9 08:43:32 CEST 2013

Although I spend little time on Cloubees, its jenkins instance
seemed slow and unresponsive to me. Pixie, the host on which
lognack.qos.ch/jenkins runs is rather outdated and slow as well but
still faster than the Cloudbees' Jenkins instance. More importantly,
the logback build is unstable on both Jenkins instances (contrary to
builds run on faster machines which are much more stable.).

Truth be told, I am not too keen on managing a Jenkins instance on
pixie. As a side note, pixie runs Gentoo Linux -- quite a remarkable
piece of software. With the hope of installing Jenkins via a Gentoo
package, I embarked upon an OS (Gentoo) update which ended up being a
major time sink. Ironically enough, no Jenkins package was available
after the update and 30h of work. :-)

Packages changing their configuration directives in an incompatible
way were a major pita during the update. Postfix and Dovecot deserve
particular mention in this regard.

To cut a long story short, if you would like access on Jenkins running
on pixie, please sign up [1] and drop me a note. I'll gladly grant the
appropriate privileges.

Cheers,

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/jenkins/signup