[logback-dev] logback-dev Digest, Vol 19, Issue 66

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Mon Apr 22 15:30:37 CEST 2013

Hi Cyril,

Thank you for the compliment. Logback code has still a lot of room for
improvement. Your suggestions for improvement are welcome.

I might be mistaken but given that the failures are due to an
assertion error and not a timeout, a deadlock is probably not a root
cause. I should also add that failures in
lossyAppenderShouldOnlyLooseCertainEvents are more frequent than
failures in
workerShouldStopEvenIfInterruptExceptionConsumedWithinSubappender.
Although both failures are rare and hard to reproduce, failures in the
former might be a little easier to reproduce than failures in the
latter.

It would be quite wonderful if you could identify the reason for the
failures and explain your reasoning on this list so that we can all
learn something.