[logback-dev] [discuss] a new (prototypal) approach to Joran configuration

Simone Tripodi simonetripodi at apache.org
Fri Jun 21 11:02:19 CEST 2013

Hi Ceki,

> How does Modello know what setters and getters to generate? Do you
> have to manually specify each setter and getter to generate? There
> must be some automation because AFAIK Maven uses Modello for reading
> pom.xml, and Maven can inject parameters specificied in the pom into
> Mojos...

Indeed - I maybe have not been clear about it: given the model
definition[1], Modello automatically generates the POJOs, the
Reader(s), the Writer(s) and the XSD, have a look at the
modello-plugin configuration in the pom[2].

If you indeed inspect the joran2 sources module, you don't see any
Java source - except the testcase.

HTH, all the best!
-Simo

[1] https://github.com/simonetripodi/logback/blob/master/logback-joran2/src/main/mdo/joran.mdo