[logback-dev] format of try-catch statements

Harris, Carl ceharris at vt.edu
Thu May 2 16:12:21 CEST 2013

> I see that you adhere to the "standard" Java code formatting conventions [1] except for try-catch statements (section 7.9). Would be OK if I re-format non-conforming source files as I go along?

I should apologize.  I thought I had enabled a formatter profile in Eclipse that used the Sun/Oracle conventions, but I see now that I did not.

Personally, I'm a disciple of the so-called Lonely Right Brace style.  It adds whitespace, but we disciples of this style find it aids readability, and we (somewhat fervently) believe that Sun got it wrong.  :-)

In any case, I think it is far more important to follow the established conventions of the project, and I'll fix my formatter profile and checkstyle settings for logback.

carl