[logback-dev] Logback-Extensions: JSON-Formatted Log Events Sent to Loggly in Batch Mode are all Recognized as one Event

Fritz, Jonathan jofritz at ea.com
Wed Feb 26 22:45:50 CET 2014

Hi all,

I've created a bug on the Logback Extensions Github issue tracker: https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions/issues/17

It looks like the LogglyBatchAppender does not follow the Loggly documentation when a JsonLayout is selected as the layout for the appender. This results in all of the log events that are sent as a part of a batch being interpreted as a single event by Loggly.

I've forked the repository and am working on a fix, but any guidance that you might have would be appreciated.

Along the way, I've created three additional bugs in the issue tracker:

  *   Building Docs don't Mention GPG Requirement<https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions/issues/18>
  *   Building Docs don't Mention tools.jar Dependency<https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions/issues/19>
  *   logback-ext-loggly Build Fails with Test Failures<https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-extensions/issues/20>

Again, any guidance that list members can provide would be helpful.

Thanks all,

Jonathan