[logback-dev] A couple minor PRs to allow switching Dropwizard request logging to logback-access

Jamie Furness jamie at jamierf.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 16:06:14 CEST 2014

Hey guys,

I've been doing some work recently on switching Dropwizards (
http://dropwizard.io) request logging from using the basic Jetty
NCSARequestLog to logback-access. During this I came across a couple issues
in logback-access that I have submit PRs for on Github, but so far they
have been no eyes on them.

The first one (#202) changes the AccessEvent.prepareForDeferredProcessing
to be idempotent. Without this async appenders will cause correctly
prepared context to be overwritten with invalid context.

The second (#201) extracts the configuration of the request logging in to a
protected configure method to allow us to override the configuration
without overriding (and re-implementing the other parts of) the start
method.

Cheers,
Jamie