[logback-dev] JsonLayout for logback-access

Espen A. Fossen espenaf at junta.no
Wed Jul 15 22:24:17 CEST 2015

Hi

I have been working on an JsonLayout for logback-access in the
logback-contrib repo. Making it possible to log an IAccessEvent to json.

It is built along the same structure as the JsonLayout from
ch.qos.logback.contrib:logback-json-classic.

To get some JUnit tests working I have added
ch.qos.logback:logback-access:tests as a test dependency. This requires
bumping the logback version to 1.1.3 for the whole logback-contrib repo.

Repo with the new JsonLayout can be reviewed here:

https://github.com/espenaf/logback-contrib

I have also created a demo for showing the actual Json logging to
console using some pages and jetty-maven-plugin. This can be
checked out here:

https://github.com/espenaf/logback-access-json-test

Looking for some feedback, and a suggestion on how to proceed for
getting this committed.

Regards,
Espen Fossen