[logback-dev] logback-test.groovy

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Mar 16 14:07:21 UTC 2016

Hi Roman,

The problem of using different configuration files depending on context
is an essential one. The absence of support for logback-test.groovy is
not by design. However, I think that much of what can be accomplished by
logback-text.* can be accomplished by judicious use of include files.
Unfortunately, Gaffer (logback's groovy configurator) does not support
include files either.

I am planning major changes in the way Joran (the XML configurator) and
Gaffer operate. Both configurators will work on a language independent
model representation decoupling the configuration model and actions on
that model paving the way for a whole range of new cool features,
independent of language