[logback-dev] JDK 12 enters Rampdown Phase One

Rory O'Donnell rory.odonnell at oracle.com
Fri Dec 14 11:38:28 CET 2018

Hi Ceki,

*JDK 12 Early Access build **is now available **at : - jdk.java.net/12/*

  * Per the JDK 12 schedule [1], we are now in Rampdown Phase One.
      o For more details , see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing
        list [2]
      o The overall feature set is frozen, no further JEPs will be
        targeted to this release.
      o We’ve forked the main-line source repository, jdk/jdk, to the
        JDK 12 stabilization repository.

Changes since the last availability email

  * JEP 189: Shenandoah: A Low-Pause-Time Garbage Collector
    (Experimental) <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/189> moved to *Targeted*.
  * JEP 334: JVM Constants API <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/334> moved
    to *Targeted*.
  * JEP 344: Abortable Mixed Collections for G1
    <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/344> moved  to *Targeted*.
  * JEP 346: Promptly Return Unused Committed Memory from G1
    <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/346> to *Targeted*.
  * JEP 326: Raw String Literals <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/326>
    (Preview) *Proposed to drop from JDK 12*
      o link to proposal on jdk-dev
        <https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2018-December/002402.html>

Bug fixes reported by Open Source Projects  :

      o JDK-8211051 - fixed in b22 - reported by JUnit5
      o JDK-8211422 - fixed in b23 - reported by Apache Batik

The Java Crypto Roadmap <https://java.com/cryptoroadmap> has been
updated with the following target:

  * With the 2019-04-16 CPU,
      o Targeted Releases - JDK 12, JDK 11, JDK 8, and JDK 7
      o Distrust TLS server certificates anchored by Symantec Root CAs.

Oracle Java SE 8 Release Updates [3]

  * Public updates for Oracle Java SE 8 released after January 2019 will
    not be available for business, commercial or production use without
    a commercial license.

Rgds, Rory

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/12/#Schedule
[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2018-December/002405.html