[logback-dev] JDK 13 enters Rampdown Phase Two

Rory O'Donnell rory.odonnell at oracle.com
Mon Jul 22 12:06:50 CEST 2019

Hi Ceki,

Any issues to report on JDK 13 , would like to hear the status as we are
now in rampdown phase 2 ?

**OpenJDK builds *- JDK 13 Early Access build 30 **is now available **at
: - jdk.java.net/13/*

  * Per the JDK 13 schedule [1], we are now in Rampdown Phase Two.
      o For more details , see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing
        list [2]
      o The overall feature set is frozen, no further JEPs will be
        targeted to this release.
      o Per the JDK Release Process [3] we now turn our focus to P1 and
        P2 bugs.

  * I want to draw your attention to some noteable changes in previous
    builds of JDK 13. These changes  are important for those that
    develop/maintain their own socket implementation
    (java.net.SocketImpl) or use the setSocketImplFactory or
    setSocketFactory APIs to change the system-wide socket implementation:

      o http://jdk.java.net/13/release-notes#JDK-8224477 - delivered in
        build 23
      o http://jdk.java.net/13/release-notes#JDK-8216978 - delivered in
        build 20
      o http://jdk.java.net/13/release-notes#JDK-8220493 - delivered in
        build 13

**OpenJDK builds *- JDK 14 Early Access build 6 is **now available **at
: - jdk.java.net/14/*

  * These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Changes of interest since last email
      o 8225239: Refactor NetworkInterface lookups
      o 8226409: Enable argument profiling for sun.misc.Unsafe.put*/get*
  * JEP targeted to JDK 14:
      o JEP352: Non-Volatile Mapped
  * Bug fixes reported by Open Source Projects  :
      o JDK-8227080 - fixed in b5 -reported by Eclipse Jetty

The Java Crypto Roadmap
<https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html> has been updated :

  * Released - 16-July-2019 - Release Affected JDK 7u231 - Disabled
    Kerberos DES encryption by default
  * Targeted Date - 2020 - Targeted Release - JDK 8 - Transport Layer
    Security (TLS) 1.3

Rgds,Rory

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/13/#Schedule
[2] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-July/003170.html