[logback-dev] Evaluator error - getting ch.qos.logback.classic.Level could not be found

RAJESH SIRIPURAPUKANDALA vishnavsk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:26:28 CEST 2020

Team,

I am facing one error with my evaluator filter. I included
SLFJ-API(1.7.25), logback-core, logback-classic (1.2.3) jars. Also added
janino jar (3.1.1).

In my logback.xml file belowis what I wrote.
<appender name="syslogappender"
class="ch.qos.logback.classic.net.SyslogAppender">
<filter class=ch.qos.logback.core.filter.EvaluatorFilter">
<evaluator>
<expression>
if (level == ERROR &&
formattedMessage.contains("NullPointerException") ) {
return true;
}
return false;
</expression>
</evaluator>
  <onMismatch> NEUTRAL</onMismatch>
<onMatch>ACCEPT</onMatch>
</filter>
</appender>

and I amhaving sysloghost, facility and suffixpattern tags as well passed
in the above appender.

my logger for the above appender is
<logger additiity=false level="INFO">
<appender-ref ref=" syslogappender>
</logger>
<root>
<level value="INFO" />
<appender-ref ref="syslogappender"
</root>

with this above, Iam deploying my app to IBM Mainframe WAS server. During
deployment I am getting below error.
org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException a class
ch.qos.logback.classic.Level could not be found.

Please help me how to correct this issue.

Thanks.