[logback-dev] Logback : logs getting lost

Narendhiran Asokan narendhiran.asokan at rediffmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:27:01 CEST 2020

Hi Team,We are planning to logback using AsyncAppender we are noticing the logs getting missed.we already have the below setting  for AsyncAppender<appender name="ASYNC_CONSOLE" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.AsyncAppender">
    <queueSize>100000</queueSize>
    <discardingThreshold>0</discardingThreshold>
    <neverBlock>true</neverBlock>
    <appender-ref ref="STDOUT" />
</appender>

When we run a small load test ie 10 RPS for 5 minutes ie for 3000 request we are getting all the logs in the stackdriver but when we try to increase the RPS ie., 40 RPS for 5 mins out of 12,000 request we could see around 30% logs are not getting logged ie., around 8000 we are getting in the GCP stackdriver

Please suggest if we need to have any tunning parameter while using  logback also how can I debug this issue.

Thanks
Narendhiran